Now Hiring: Store Manager Vancouver
The Store Manager is our on-the-ground team leader who is responsible for ensuring high standards of coffee/food quality, efficiency, cleanliness, and services offered by Quantum Coffee.
Responsibilities will include: Banking and light accounting, schedules, supervising and training, management of facility maintenance as needed. High standards of cleanliness and sanitation must be kept and FOODSAFE certification is required or can be obtained.
Some floor shifts such as kitchen prep and baking, dishwashing, customer service, and other such tasks are required in keep you in fit barista form. This role requires some flexibility of hours, punctuality and attendance on scheduled days.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with all staff, co-workers and customers. Must exhibit strong teamwork skills & customer focused service leadership
- Managing all staff, maintaining clear communications, seeking new hires and implementing Quantum Staff policy on written warnings and terminations, as required.
- Thorough knowledge of espresso drink preparations (grind, steaming, extraction & service standards)
- A basic understanding of all equipment, safety switches, water valves, etc.
- Working culinary knowledge of food preparations and quality control of all foods prepared on site.
- Daily & on-going, delegation and assistance with cleanup of all cafe areas and maintenance of all equipment (deep cleaning of general dining space, refrigerators, freezers, storage areas, equipment, etc.)
- Ensuring all staff are maintaining standards/stations as required shift to shift
- Inventory Management
- Managing in-house/external catering programs and clients
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, and carry for up to 50 feet.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, bending and lifting.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 2+ years high volume espresso bar/cafe experience desired.
- Working knowledge of food safety and handling regulations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of culinary basics.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to delegate work in manageable portions, following up with staff to ensure completion.
- Ability to lead and inspire team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is forward-thinking, conscientious and provides follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on food items, whole beans and merchandiseDiscounts on BrainStation workshops, courses and events
- 50% discount on BrainStation workshops, courses and events
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please title the email 'STORE MANAGER VANCOUVER'.