Now Hiring: Assistant Store Manager (Toronto)
The Assistant Store Manager is our right-hand person who is responsible for ensuring high standards of coffee/food quality, efficiency, cleanliness, and services offered by Quantum Coffee. The ASM at Quantum has outstanding customer service skills. They excel at being on the floor, building relationships with regulars, being a dynamic and friendly personality to potential new customers, and managing the on-the-ground operations of our entire customer experience. A passion for coffee, people, and hospitality is a must.
Scheduling, banking, supervising, training and inventory management. High standards of cleanliness and sanitation must be kept and FOODSAFE certification is required or can be obtained upon hire. Some floor shifts such as working on the bar, kitchen prep and baking, dishwashing, customer service, and other such tasks are required to keep you in fit barista form. This role requires some flexibility of hours, punctuality and attendance are required on scheduled days.
Essential Job Functions:
High-level comprehension of cafe operations, problem-solving abilities. The ASM is required to understand the details of every aspect of cafe operations, from staffing responsibilities to inventory, onboarding, equipment maintenance and accounting. A keen eye for issues/inefficiencies and solutions with an ability to deal with things before or as they arise is an asset. Ensuring protocols are being executed is a primary responsibility of the ASM.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with all staff, coworkers, and customers. Must exhibit strong teamwork skills & customer focused service leadership.
- Managing all staff, maintaining clear communications, implementing Quantum Staff policy on written warnings. Reporting back to Manager on staff issues.
- Thorough knowledge of espresso drink preparations (grind, steaming, extraction & service standards)
- A basic understanding of all equipment, safety switches, water valves, etc.
- Working culinary knowledge of food preparations and quality control of all foods prepared on site.
- Daily, on-going, delegation, and assistance with cleanup of all cafe areas and maintenance of all equipment (deep cleaning of general dining space, refrigerators, freezers, storage areas, equipment, etc.)
- Ensuring all staff are maintaining standards/stations as required shift to shift
- Assist with Catering needs which may include placing orders, communicating with the end customer, arranging delivery, preparation, execution, set up, breakdown, and follow-up as needed.
- Assist with Inventory Management as required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, and carry for up to 50 feet
- Able to stand for long periods of time, bending and lifting
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 2+ years high volume espresso bar/cafe experience desired. Prior cafe management experience an asset.
- Experience with hospitality scheduling software (ie. 7Shifts, When I Work, MakeShift, etc).
- Working knowledge of food safety and handling regulations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of culinary basics.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Ability to effectively delegate work in manageable portions, following up with staff to ensure completion.
- Ability to lead and inspire team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is forward-thinking, conscientious and provides follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Competitive benefits package (health, dental, vision)
- Laptop/hardware will be provided
- 50% discount on BrainStation workshops, courses, and events
- Discounts on food items, whole beans and merchandise Discounts on BrainStation workshops, courses and events
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the email 'ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER TORONTO'. Please note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.