Now Hiring: Barista/All Rounder
From latte art to busting out a mad rush on cash, a barista/cafe all-rounder is a responsible, team-focused caffeine hound who delights in ensuring high standards of coffee/food quality, efficiency, cleanliness, and services offered by Quantum Coffee.
Responsibilities will include: Sending customers out into the world happier than when they came in, high standards of cleanliness and sanitation (a FOODSAFE certification is required or can be obtained).
Floor shifts will include variety: such as kitchen prep and baking, cash, pourover, barista, brew coffee, dishwashing, and other tasks as you are in prime barista form! This role requires flexibility of hours, punctuality and attendance on scheduled days.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with all staff, co-workers and customers. Must exhibit strong teamwork skills & customer focused service leadership
- Maintaining clear communications, reporting back to Manager/Assistant Manager
- Thorough knowledge of espresso drink preparations (grind, steaming, extraction & service standards)
- A basic understanding of all equipment
- Daily, on-going cleanup of all cafe areas and maintenance of all equipment (deep cleaning of general dining space, refrigerators, freezers, storage areas, equipment, etc.) as required
- Maintaining the standard of each station shift to shift
- Assist with Catering needs which may include placing orders, communicating with the end customer, arranging delivery, preparation, execution, set up, breakdown, and follow-up as needed.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with all staff, co-workers and customers. Must exhibit strong teamwork skills.
- Assisting with putting away orders, as required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, and carry for up to 50 feet
- Able to stand for long periods of time, bending and lifting
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Some high volume espresso bar/cafe experience desired
- Working knowledge of food safety and handling regulations
- Working knowledge and understanding of culinary basics and/or espresso drinks
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Ability to complete jobs as assigned by Managers
- Demonstrates initiative, is forward-thinking, conscientious and provides follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on food items, whole beans and merchandiseDiscounts on BrainStation workshops, courses and events
- 50% discount on BrainStation workshops, courses and events
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please title the email 'BARISTA/ALL ROUNDER VANCOUVER' or 'BARISTA/ALL ROUNDER TORONTO'.